Social Media Intelligence
Social Media Intelligence is research to inform business strategies, conversation and media tracking, product innovation, and audience/industry research.
With specific questions identified, we conduct wide-ranging research across social media that takes into account the hyper-contextual nature of communities, conversations, and opinion making in social media. We weed the real from the fake. We categorize and dissect and understand. And then, we provide actionable answers and insights.
The possibilities are endless, but here are some ideas:
- Content Strategy: Identify trending topics with your key audience segments
- Proactive PR: Find journalists (pubs of more value/authority)/receive alerts when key journalists post
- Competitive Intelligence: Track activity, investments, promotions, hires, job openings, products, etc. by category
- Audience Intelligence: Learn about competitors’, industry resource, pundits’ fanbases (audiences, export and follow and analyze)
- Vendor Management: Mitigate your risks by knowing what’s going on with your vendors and business partners
- Product Innovation & Development: Discover new product ideas from your customers
- Crisis Communication: Quickly understand a developing conversation to develop an informed response
- Brand Management: Measure brand health
- Market Research: Get customer insights fast
- Customer FAQ: Database responses from customer service to use for future reference (search for questions and responses with ease! Set up category rules for even faster reference.)
- Promotion: Identify event and sponsorship opportunities
- Personalization: Hone in on geographic trends
- Influencers: find them, track their sponsorships, conversations, fan bases, more
- Partner Identification: Find partners for co-promotions, synergies
- Consumer Trends: Identify hot topics that align with your business (e.g., recipe development)
- Conversation Monitoring: Understand when important conversations start or change (e.g., boycotts)
- Build Relationships: Support partners and intensify relationships
- Industry Intelligence: Make sure you are on the pulse of what’s happening
- Identify Information Gaps: Uncover questions people are asking that aren’t being answered, or consumer misunderstandings
- Learn Jargon: Uncover the language industry experts are using so your content resonates (but be careful copying it!)
- Market Assessment: Understand the existing market potential before investing in new business opportunities
- Assess Executive Digital Presence: Understand how your key leaders are showing up and being perceived online
Social Media Monitoring
We don’t own or sell a social media monitoring tool. There are plenty of them to go around. We’ve seen ’em all. (Well, probably not ALL, but a vast number of them.)
Here at Social Studies Group, we are tool agnostic (though we have our favorites). We are uniquely positioned to help you select the tool that will work best for you, should you want to do your own monitoring. And we can help you set it up, learn it, live it. You see, as much as the tool providers want you to believe it’s plug and play, it’s not. Not even close. How you establish your monitoring can make an enormous difference in the amount of spam and cleaning you’ll need to contend with and most of all, whether you’re bringing in the right data. Is it broad enough? Specific enough?
It’s an art. And, not to be immodest, but we kind of think of ourselves as artists.
Of course, we’d love to talk to you about doing your monitoring and/or reporting for you. We have advanced capabilities in categorization/ subcategorization, detailed analytics, and, well, you got the picture. We’ve done this before. A lot. And you can ask any number of wonderful tool vendors about us; we sure know how to push a system to its limits. And we’re proud of that. Very.
We’d love to talk to you about your monitoring needs. We’ll even give you a little free advice if you want it.